[JURIST] JURIST and the University of Pittsburgh School of Law are hosting a one-day conference in Pittsburgh on Thursday in celebration of JURIST's 10th anniversary. Law as a Seamless Web|site [conference website] features four panels [agenda] and 14 distinguished speakers [profiles] exploring a range of issues at the intersections of law, war, rights, social justice, technology, legal journalism, legal education and public service.
- Jonathan Freiman – habeas counsel for Jose Padilla and Senior Schell Fellow, Yale Law School;
- Marjorie Cohn – President, National Lawyers Guild and Professor, Thomas Jefferson School of Law;
- David Crane – former Chief Prosecutor for the UN Special Court for Sierra Leone and Professor, Syracuse University College of Law;
- Geoffrey Corn – former Law of War Advisor to the US Army JAG and Professor, South Texas College of Law;
- Sherrilyn Ifill – Professor, University of Maryland School of Law;
- Tony Mauro – Supreme Court correspondent, American Lawyer Media;
- Tim Stanley – CEO, Justia and Co-founder and former CEO, FindLaw;
- Ed Adams – Editor and Publisher, ABA Journal;
- Jim Chen – Dean, Brandeis Law School, University of Louisville;
- Nancy Rapoport – Professor, University of Houston Law Center;
- John Palfrey – Executive Director, Berkman Center for Internet & Society, Harvard Law School; and
- Conrad Johnson – Professor and Co-founder, Lawyering in the Digital Age Clinic, Columbia Law School
Keynote speakers are:
- Ethan Katsh – Director, Center for Information Technology and Dispute Resolution, University of Massachusetts Amherst; and
- Charles Bierbauer – former CNN Supreme Court correspondent and Dean, College of Mass Communications and Information Studies at the University of South Carolina
Recorded video of the presentations will be made available following the conference.
JURIST will run a reduced publishing schedule Thursday, but will resume regular operations Friday.