Lawyers for Kosovo
Positions | Volunteers
A number of institutions and organizations monitoring or otherwise engaged with the situation in Kosovo are seeking permanent and/or volunteer legal staff. Send announcements to JURIST@law.pitt.edu
- A Washington consulting firm is looking for commercial lawyers to participate in a 6-month tour in Kosovo under a USAID-funded contract. The goal is to establish a commercial law framework. Mobilization would be in mid-September.
If interested, please contact Susan Ferguson ASAP via email at email@example.com or by phone at 202-452-9700.
- Medica mondiale offers an immediate vacancy for a female lawyer for employment in Kosovo
In Kosovo (Gjakove) the German women's organization Medica mondiale is establishing a project for war-traumatized women and girls. Integral components of the project Medica Kosova are:
- Psychosocial support and care
- Gynaecological care with mobile ambulances
- Documentation and evaluation of violations of human rights committed against women
The project is run by an overall coordinator.
For the period starting now until the end of June 2000 we are looking for
A feminist lawyer for employment in Kosovo
What we expect:
- Building-up of the special field documentation of human rights violations committed against women in Kosovo
- Internal technical and temporary coordination of the field documentation
- Staff development and qualification of Kosovar employees, esspecially in view of the danger of retraumatization
- Training and consultation of Kosovar lawyers and national Human Rights groups
- Critical and reflected cooperation with the ICTY and international Human Rights organizations
- Close cooperation with the medical and psycho-social coordinator and support of the overall coordinator
- writing of regular reports specific to the field
What we offer:
- A feminist approach
- High ability to take stress, high motivation and felexibility Intercultural sensitivity
- We require above all knowledge on court decisions referring to "sexualized violence against women", knowledge in the area of granting protection to witnesses as well as knowledge on international/humanitarian law and ICTY.
With your detailed applications and questions for further information please contact: Medica mondiale e.V., Waisenhausgasse 65, 50676 K÷ln, Ms Anna Biermann, Tel.: ++49- 221 931893, e-mail: Medicamondiale@netcologne.de
- Work in an innovative, feminist women's organization
- Work in a highly committed, interdisciplinary team
- International networking
- Payment is effected according to the internal Medica mondiale salary scales for women working abroad
- no listings at this time
Return to JURIST's Kosovo & Yugoslavia: Law in Crisis
JURIST: The Law Professors' Network is directed by Professor Bernard J. Hibbitts, Associate Dean for Communications & Information Technology, University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA, in consultation with an international Advisory Board. E-mail JURIST at JURIST@law.pitt.edu.
© Bernard J. Hibbitts, 1999. All rights reserved. These pages may not be copied, reposted, or republished, in whole or in part, electronically or in print, without express written permission.
JURIST regrets that it cannot provide legal advice. For assistance with specific legal problems, please consult a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.