On February 6, 1900, the Permanent Court of Arbitration (PCA) was with the ratification of the 1899 Convention for the Pacific Settlement of International Disputes. Set at The Hague in the Netherlands, the PCA was the first international tribunal established to settle disputes between nations. The PCA was later revised by the subsequent 1907 Convention for the Pacific Settlement of International Disputes. Today, the PCA is housed at the Peace Palace in The Hague and is comprised of 109 member-countries.
Browse PAC opinions.