Thank you so much for donating to JURIST. You are almost done! Simply fill out the form below. Please note that although this entire page is not secured by SSL, the donation widget below IS secure and transmitted via https/SSL. If you would prefer, you can visit our donation page at Fundly (the platform that processes our donations) which is an "https" page. We can also accept checks sent to JURIST, Attention: Executive Director, Barco Law Building, 3900 Forbes Avenue, Office 313, Pittsburgh, PA 15260.
You can support JURIST through a one time donation, or by becoming a sustaining supporter. If you check the "recurring monthly donation" box, your contribution is automatically deducted from your bank account or credit card each month. You set the amount and you decide when to stop or change your giving level. It's that easy!
Remember, JURIST is non-profit corporation, registered as a charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the IRS Code. As such, contributions to JURIST generally are deductible for federal income tax purposes.
Please tell your friends about JURIST! Please consider posting your support on Facebook, tweeting about it on Twitter, and spreading word of your good deeds in any other way you communicate with friends, family and colleagues. Your help is greatly appreciated!
JURIST is transitioning from an academic organization with a small number of institutional contributors to an independent and self-sustaining non-profit. Our primary benefactors have done much to move JURIST from one law professor’s hobby to the wide-reaching service it is today. But JURIST still operates on very lean budget. We need your help to ensure that JURIST has the resources necessary to continue its mission as these early benefactors begin to draw down their support.
Specifically, JURIST needs funds to:
Did you know?
- Redesign the JURIST.org website
- Fully develop a mobile version of JURIST.org, as well as iPhone and Android apps
- Develop new programming, including audio and video coverage, seminars and conferences that will directly benefit our community
- Cover costs associated with managing our law student staff, such as development of staff manuals, training materials, and even the occasional pizza for our hard-working law students
- Increase outreach efforts to JURIST's audience
- Establish an emergency reserve to cope with technical crises in a timely fashion
- Add professional staff support for JURIST's Commentary
- Add professional technical support
- Ensure continued funding for JURIST's existing professional staff
In the last year, JURIST:
- Produced new content every day of the year
- Published over 2,600 news stories, 315 expert commentaries, and 7 special features at JURIST.org
- Reached more than 400,000 readers in 195 countries and all 50 US states
- Hired and trained more than 25 new students, pushing our total number of staffers above sixty (60)
- Maintained two professional staff positions