[JURIST] In celebration of JURIST's 10th anniversary, JURIST and the University of Pittsburgh School of Law are hosting a one-day conference in Pittsburgh on Thursday, March 29. Law as a Seamless Web|site [conference website] will feature four panels [agenda] and 14 distinguished speakers [profiles] exploring a range of issues at the intersections of law, war, rights, social justice, technology, legal journalism, legal education and public service.
- Jonathan Freiman - counsel for Jose Padilla and Visiting Lecturer, Yale Law School;
- Marjorie Cohn - President, National Lawyers Guild and Professor, Thomas Jefferson School of Law;
- David Crane - former Chief Prosecutor for the UN Special Court for Sierra Leone and Professor, Syracuse University College of Law;
- Geoffrey Corn - former Law of War Advisor to the US Army JAG and Professor, South Texas College of Law;
- Sherrilyn Ifill - Professor, University of Maryland School of Law;
- Tony Mauro - Supreme Court correspondent, American Lawyer Media;
- Tim Stanley - CEO, Justia and Co-founder and former CEO, FindLaw;
- Ed Adams - Editor and Publisher, ABA Journal;
- Jim Chen - Dean, Brandeis Law School, University of Louisville;
- Nancy Rapoport - Professor, University of Houston Law Center;
- John Palfrey - Executive Director, Berkman Center for Internet & Society, Harvard Law School; and
- Conrad Johnson - Professor and Co-founder, Lawyering in the Digital Age Clinic, Columbia Law School
- Ethan Katsh - Director, Center for Information Technology and Dispute Resolution, University of Massachusetts Amherst; and
- Charles Bierbauer - former CNN Supreme Court correspondent and Dean, College of Mass Communications and Information Studies at the University of South Carolina
We look forward to seeing you in Pittsburgh as we celebrate JURIST with friends from across the country and around the world!