[JURIST] AP is reporting that Philippine legislators have quashed the impeachment case against Philippine President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo [official website; Wikipedia backgrounder]. With opposition members boycotting, the House Committee on Justice [official website] voted to quash all impeachment complaints against Arroyo, who has been accused of rigging last year's election. AP has more.
Previously in JURIST's Paper Chase...
- Arroyo impeachment hearings on verge of collapse
- Arroyo denies witness claim of bribery, threatens lawsuit
- Opposition lawmakers file impeachment complaint against Arroyo
- At least 50 Filipino lawmakers support Arroyo impeachment
- Opposition announces plans for criminal charges ahead of impeachment for Arroyo
- Philippines president "welcomes" impeachment motion to clear vote fraud