[JURIST] Pursuant to a Security Council resolution passed Thursday, the International Criminal Court [official website] has received several boxes of evidence on alleged war crimes in Sudan's Darfur region collected by the International Commission of Inquiry on Darfur [Commission report, PDF] while assessing the situation in Darfur earlier this year. Chief ICC prosecutor Luis Moreno-Ocampo is due to meet with UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan Tuesday to receive the sealed list of 51 people accused by the UN commission of involvement in crimes in Darfur. Deputy ICC prosecutor for investigations Serge Brammertz [ICC profile] said Tuesday that with receipt of the commission documents, the ICC can now begin its investigation under Resolution 1593 [PDF text; JURIST report], but cautioned that it's too early to say when any ICC indictments or arrest warrants would be issued. Brammertz told reporters that he hoped the Sudanese government will help with the investigation, saying "We will cooperate with international institutions and governments to collect as much information as we can." The ICC offers documents and updates relating to its Darfur investigation. Reuters has more.