[JURIST] Lawyers for the parents of Terry Schiavo [JURIST Newsmaker], the brain damaged woman at the center of a long running right-to-die dispute, asked a Florida appeals court Wednesday to reconsider its decision not to grant a new trial in their suit [JURIST report]. Seeking to prevent Schiavo's husband from removing her feeding tube, Schiavo's parents hope to argue that recent statements by Pope John Paul II calling euthanasia a sin would impact Schiavo's decision not to be kept alive artificially. AP has more. Previously on JURIST's Paper Chase...
- New trial nixed in Schiavo right-to-die case
- Jeb Bush attorneys ask Supreme Court to decide Terri Schiavo's case
- Judge rejects new trial in Schiavo right-to-die case
- Florida Supreme Court denies rehearing in Schiavo case
- FL governor to ask for Schiavo case reconsideration
- BREAKING NEWS ~ Florida Supreme Court strikes down Terri's Law