August 29, 2013
by Samuel Franklin
Danish judge Frederik Harhoff was removed from the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) on Thursday over claims of bias in a letter he wrote criticizing the court. Harhoff was a member of the three-judge panel responsible for overseeing the trial of Serbian nationalist ...[read more]
June 28, 2012
by Rebecca DiLeonardo
The International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) on Thursday convicted Serb nationalist politician and war crimes suspect Vojislav Seselj of contempt of court and sentenced him to two years in prison. Seselj had been accused of contempt of court for refusing to comply with a ...[read more]
June 18, 2012
by Sung Un Kim
The International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) on Monday closed its third contempt trial against former Serb nationalist politician and war crimes suspect Vojislav Seselj. Seselj has been accused of contempt of court and divulging data in a book he authored disclosing names, ...[read more]
March 15, 2012
by Rebecca DiLeonardo
Serb nationalist politician and war crimes suspect Vojislav Seselj on Thursday told judges at the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) that he believes the tribunal is biased and that he does not care about the verdict. In his closing remarks, Seselj said the UN-created ...[read more]
March 8, 2012
by Jaclyn Belczyk
Prosecutors at the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) on Wednesday demanded a 28-year prison sentence for former Serb nationalist politician and war crimes suspect Vojislav Seselj. Delivering closing arguments, Prosecutor Mathias Marcussen claimed that Seselj was ...[read more]
January 31, 2012
by Julia Zebley
The International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) announced Monday that former Serb nationalist politician and war crimes suspect Vojislav Seselj is suing ICTY for USD $2.6 million in damages due to alleged unreasonable delays in his trial. The ICTY declined to comment on the ...[read more]
October 31, 2011
by Jamie Davis
The International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) on Monday convicted former Serb nationalist and war crimes suspect Vojislav Seselj of contempt and sentenced him to 18 months in prison for revealing the names of protected witnesses in a book he authored. The tribunal filed an ...[read more]
October 1, 2011
by Julia Zebley
The International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) ruled on Friday that former Serb nationalist politician and war crimes suspect Vojislav Seselj has received all guarantees of due process and fair proceedings available, and his trial will not be discontinued. In July, Seselj ...[read more]
July 7, 2011
by Zach Zagger
Former Serb nationalist politician and war crimes suspect Vojislav Seselj pleaded not guilty Wednesday in the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) to a third set of contempt charges for failing to remove confidential information from his website in violation of a ...[read more]
May 25, 2011
by Zach Zagger
The International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) on Tuesday initiated contempt proceedings against former Serb nationalist politician Vojislav Seselj, who is being tried for war crimes, for failing to remove confidential information from his website in violation of tribunal ...[read more]

Support JURIST

We rely on our readers to keep JURIST running

 Donate now!

© Copyright JURIST Legal News and Research Services, Inc., 2013.